At poplar nurseries we have an extensive range of products available to suit both professional and amateur grow your own enthusiasts.
No longer do you need acres of land or a large garden as produce can be grown in containers on the patio, windowsills or even on balconies.
We offer a full range of seed and plant raising equipment including;
- Seed trays / cell inserts
- Rigid trays / gravel trays
- Potting on pots
- Peat pots
- Fibre pots
- Seed and cutting trays
- Root trainers
- Propagators – unheated, heated, variable temerature, super 7 electric windowsill propagator.
Available in handy packs;
- Widgers for seed transplanting
- Plant labels
- Marker pens
- Soil testers
- Min/Max thermometers
- Propagation thermometers
We are also stockists of Stewart Plastics “Bioflower” pots, which are available in a range of sizes.
- A versatile range of low cost containers designed to use almost anywhere – no garden required, ideal for patios and balconies, and they really work.
- Hanging strawberry and tomato planters made from tough U.V coated polypropylene to ensure a long life span. They are also excellent to use for herbs and flowers.
- Re-usable grow bag – Made from tough polypropylene these large growbags allow for greater water and nutrient capacity to allow for improved plant growth and crop production. Ideal for the growing of tomatoes, vegetables and herbs.
- Summer vegetable planter – Ideal for the growing of deep rooting crops such as carrots, French beans, leeks and onions.
- Salad and herb planter – Perfect for lettuce, radish, beetroot, spring onions and small annual herbs.
- Pea and bean planter – Suitable for runner beans, sweet peas and other vigorous annual climbers.
- Tomato and pepper planter – Holding a large capacity of compost to allow for greater water and nutrient capacity to allow for improved plant growth and crop production.
Table top trugs – Elevated wooden benches built with deep planting reservoirs for holding a high volume of soil and compost. Ideal for the keen but less able gardener, taking away all the bending and backache!
Potato barrels and bags – An ideal way to grow a small tasty crop of spuds but without all the digging.
Growhouses and Greenhouses
Growhouses offer a very low cost means of plant propagation and protection.
Length 1000mm, Depth 500mm, Height 1500mm
Designed to accommodate a standard growbag , three plants together with their support canes. Support canes can be simply inserted through holes in the roof to provide valuable support for tomato plants. The growbag growhouse provides useful early protection and shelter for crops.
Replacement covers are available.
4 Tier Growhouse
Length 690mm, Depth 490, Height 1595mm
Replacement covers available.
4 Tier Extra Wide Growhouse
Length 1200mm, Depth 490mm, Height 1595mm
Replacement covers available
5 Tier Growhouse
Length 690mm, Depth 490mm, Height2000mm
Replacement covers available
Length 3000mm, Depth 2000mm, Height 1750mm
Ideal for the growing of vegetables in larger quantities.
At Poplar Nurseries we also stock a range of greenhouse accessories including 1 and 2 tier staging, shelving, auto vents, louver vents, rain water kits along with a range of different fixing clips, bolts and heaters.
We always have a range of products available for protecting salad and other vegetable crops from harsh weather and insects which include;
- Wooden growhouses
- Wooden cold frames
- Smaller polytunnels
- Sun tunnels
- Raised growing beds
- Netting, fleece, micromesh, greenhouse shading and bubble wrap available on bulk rolls and ready to cut to your required length.
Additionally stocked are compost bins, which are available in durable green plastic as well as a more traditional timber slat crate.