A suitable soil test will help identify the soil texture and acidity or alkalinity which will influence the range of suitable plants. Acid-loving or ericaceous shrubs grow best in a pH range of 4-6, and ideally pH 5-5.5.
We offer a wide range of plants suitable for acidic soil:
- Camelias including the less common autumn flowering Sasanqua species.
- Magnolias including the evergreen grandiflora types.
- A large range of Rhododendron including dwarf forms as well as the lime tolerant ‘Inkaro’ range.
- An excellent selection of both evergreen, and deciduous Azalea.
- Many varieties of Pieris.