We meet on a monthly basis in the restaurant at Poplar Nurseries and have a guest speaker at each meeting. We also have 4 or 5 one day trips as well as a 5 day holiday each year for visiting various gardens. These are always well supported.
Club members help out Poplar Nurseries with charity events such as the summer social, the Christmas charity evening as well as the Father Christmas weekends in the children’s grotto.
For all membership enquiries and details please contact: [email protected]
Gardening Club Dates: 2020:
- 20th January, 7.30pm - Secret Of Great Botanists And What They Teach Us. Matthew Biggs. Competition. Hellebore.
- 20th February, 7.30pm - The World Of Lavender. Simon Charlesworth.
- 19th March, 7.30pm - Virtual Tour Of The Place For Plants. Matthew Tanton-Brown. Competition. Spring Flower.
- 16th April, 7.30pm - AGM. The Language Of Flowers. Michael Brown.
- 6th May, 8.30am - Visit to Ulting Wick & Hyde Hall.
- 14th May, 7.30pm - Topical Subject. Guy Barker. Competition. Iris. (Up To Three Stems.)
- 17th – 22nd May - Holiday To Scotland.
- 16th June, 8am - Visit To Polesden Lacey.
- 18th June, 7.30pm - Culinary Use Of Herbs. Zsuzsanna Serer. Competition. Rose. (Up To Three Stems.)
- 14th July, 8am - Visit to Rye & Great Dixter.
- 16th July, 7.30pm - Recycling In The Garden. Karen Kenny. Competition. Annuals. (Up to Three Stems.)
- 20th August - Annual Show & Summer Social. Gaillardia Competition.
- 22nd August, 8am - Visit To Stoke Bruern & Coton Manor.
- 17th September, 7.30pm - Mr Mole & Friends. Andrew Sankey. Competition. Dahlia. (Up To Three Stems.)
- 15th October, 7.30pm - Snowdrops & Hellebores In The Garden. Tim Ingram. Competition. Perennials (Up To Three Stems.)