Gardening Club in Colchester, Essex at Poplar
Our Poplar Gardening Club has been going for over twenty-three years and has always been well supported by the local community. Meetings are held once a month in our restaurant with a guest speaker at each event talking about a wide range of gardening topics. There are also competitions giving members a change to show off their best blooms.
We also have four or five-day trips and a five-day holiday each year visiting various gardens around the country as well as summer and Christmas social events.
We currently have spaces for new members. If you love gardening and would like to meet fellow gardeners please contact us via the email address below. We also offer FREE TASTER EVENINGS. Just come along on any of the listed dates to experience a sample evening before signing up for membership.
For all membership enquiries and details please contact: [email protected]
- 21st April: AGM - 7 - 7.30pm. Spring Flowers - Guy Barker. Competition - Tulips (up to 3 stems)
- 4th May - Visit to RHS Hyde Hall and Ulting Wick
- 19th May - The Fuchsia Story by Nick Dobson
- 13th June - Visit to Polesden Lacey
- 16th June - Culinary Use Of Herbs by Zsuzsanna Serer
- 12th July - Visit to Rye and Great Dixter
- 21st July - Hostas by Melanie Mickfield Nurseries
- 23rd/27th July - Holiday to Tatton Park and RHS Bridgewater
- 18th August - Annual Show and Social Evening
- 20th August - Visit to Stoke Bruerme and Coton Manor
- 15th September - 365 Days Of Colour by Nick Bailey - Gardeners' World presenter
- 20th October - What To Do In This Space by Darren Lerico
- 17th November - Snowdrops And Hellebores In The Garden by Tim Ingram
- 15th December - Christmas Social
- 19th January - Soft Fruit by Mike Able
- 16th February - The Story Of Henstead Exotic Garden by Andrew Brogan
- 16th March - Bugs And Beasties by Geoff Hodges
- 20th April - Perennials by Tim Cole & AGM