Gardening Club in Colchester, Essex at Poplar
Our Poplar Gardening Club has been going for over twenty-three years and has always been well supported by the local community. Meetings are held once a month in our restaurant with a guest speaker at each event talking about a wide range of gardening topics. There are also competitions giving members a change to show off their best blooms.
We also have four or five-day trips and a five-day holiday each year visiting various gardens around the country as well as summer and Christmas social events.
We currently have spaces for new members. If you love gardening and would like to meet fellow gardeners please contact us via the email address below. We also offer FREE TASTER EVENINGS. Just come along on any of the listed dates to experience a sample evening before signing up for membership.
For all membership enquiries and details please contact: [email protected]
- 19th August: Summer Social
- 16th September: Dig For Victory - Matthew Biggs. Competition - Dahlia (up to 3 stems).
- 21st October: Different Ways With Clematis - Peter Skeggs-Gooch. Competition - Perennials (up to 3 stems)
- 18th November: A Virtual Walk Around East Bergholt Place Gardens - Matthew Tanton Brown. Competition - Chrysanthemum (up to 3 stems
- 16th December: Christmas Social. A history of Christmas plants - Mick Lavelle.
- 20th January: Mr Mole & Friends - P Sankey-Smith. Competition - Snowdrops (up to 3 stems)
- 17th February: Exotics Greatest Hits - Andrew Brogan, Competition - Hellebores (up to 3 stems)
- 17th March: Greenwich Park And Maritime Museum & Naval College - Jim Buttress. Competition - Spring Flowers (up to 3 stems)
- 21st April: AGM - 7 to 7.30pm Grow The Best Florious Plants - Adam Pasco. Spring Flowers - Guy Barker. Competition - Tulips (up to 3 stems)