Gardening Club in Colchester, Essex at Poplar
Our Poplar Gardening Club has been going for over twenty-three years and has always been well supported by the local community. Meetings are held once a month in our restaurant with a guest speaker at each event talking about a wide range of gardening topics. There are also competitions giving members a change to show off their best blooms.
We also have four or five-day trips and a five-day holiday each year visiting various gardens around the country as well as summer and Christmas social events.
We currently have spaces for new members. If you love gardening and would like to meet fellow gardeners please contact us via the email address below. We also offer FREE TASTER EVENINGS. Just come along on any of the listed dates to experience a sample evening before signing up for membership.
For all membership enquiries and details please contact: [email protected]
- 9th May - Visit to Exbury Gardens, Nr Southampton
- 18th May - Early summer plants by Guy Barker and 25 year club celebration party
- 15th June - History of the NGS and Mayfield Farm Gardens by Ed Fairey
- 17th June - Visit to BBC Gardeners World, NEC Birmingham
- 13th July - Visit to Sissinghurst Castle Gardens, Kent
- 20th July - Climate change and seasonal variations by Mick Lavelle
- 14th August - Visit to NGS Mayfield Farm Gardens, Ardleigh
- 17th August - Summer Show, quiz and social
- 6th September - Visit to Anglesey Abbey Gardens, Cambridge
- 21st September - Changing face of gardens and Q & A session by Ken Crowther
- 19th October - Cottage garden perennials by Ann and Jack Barnard
- 16th November - Gardening with wildlife in mind by Dr Chris Gibson
- 7th December - Wreath making and Christmas social
- 18th January - Greenwich Park and Naval College Gardens by Jim Butress
- 15th February - Snow drop species and spring flowers by Guy Barker
- 21st March - Soil facts and types by Mick Lavelle
- 18th April - Container and pot growing by Andrew Babicz and AGM