Pond Plants for Sale in Colchester, Essex
The range of aquatic pond plants for sale in Colchester, Essex, at Poplar Nurseries, can give visual interest to a pond, encourage wildlife and can help keep water clear.
Guide to planting in a pond:
• Plant marginals with 3-15cm of water over the soil surface, in groups of 3-5 of the same variety
• Small pots should be secured to prevent fish disturbance
• Approximately 30-40% of the pond surface area should be covered to provide shade for fish and reduce algae growth
• Short-growing oxygenators can be placed on marginal shelves. Deep water varieties are best planted but can be left loose in the bottom of the pond
• Simply place floating plants on the pond surface
• Plants in solid pots should be transplanted into mesh pots to allow water and oxygen to freely circulate the roots
• Lay out your planting as you would a flower arrangement, with tall plants at the back and low plants at the front
Approximate planting density for pools:
• Water Lilies: 1 per 2-3m sq.
• Marginals: 5 x 1 litre or 3x3 litre plants per m.
• Oxygenators: 2-3 bunches per m sq.
• Floating plants: 2-3 plants per m sq.
Call in advance to check stock levels before making your journey to our nursery in Marks Tey.